Thursday, March 24, 2011

A few days back

We just had the amazing gift of a trip to Avoca Beach! Tim let us use his beach house (right on the ocean!) for a few nights - it's was a stunning beach - we'll post of that soon. For now, let us catch you up a bit on the pre-Avoca days.


I (Amy) spent some time at a women's conference that just happended to be going on in Sydney during our stay here. It was a gathering of about 10,000 women (gasp!) to worship and pray and hear from a few speakers. It is called "Color", and it meets yearly in either Sydney, Kiev, or London. After one of the evening sessions, Jason suprised me and met me downtown afterwards! We walked, dined, drank, and loved life in the city on our own withour our mini companion.....it was really a wonderful suprise. Here are some city lights across the harbor.


Here is us dining italian style....I unfortunately was just getting a massive headache, and look excessively tired (10,000 women will do that to you), but here is the shot. :)

The next day there was a LOT of rainfall so we sought out some indoor activities. Here is Ella hanging out in the car.....


And here we are at the "Powerhouse" museum with Ella. I think Jason could have wandered this place all day long - Engineers love stuff like this. :) And actually, it was pretty cool.



I had to include this shot of him and Ella with their special goggles on....


We also wandered Chinatown, but I don't seem to have any great pictures of it....here at least is one end of it's entrance....


Skip ahead to the next day .....BONDI BEACH! I get a little excited about beach time. And this was especially exciting because Karen was watching Ella so we were a bit more free - just riding the train together alone was luxurious and blissful! (Ella we love do love you, I promise).
We met up with this wonderful, fun couple - Alice and Ryan - who are friends of friends and live at Bondi beach. We met up at their apartment and then walked the 2 blocks down to the beach and did the amazing Bondi to Bronte beach walk.
Here is the Bondi pavillion just across the street from the beach....




Oh, glorious Bondi.....smaller than we thought you would be, but stunning.


On the Bondi to Bronte beach walk (a beautifully scenic and paved walk right along the water)....




A quick shot with our new friends, Alice and Ryan....



After our walk the four of us went back for some beers on the beach and then headed back to pick up Ella and head to a dinner and gathering. The folks here in Sydney that we are staying with have a group of friends that gather once a month for worship and a time of sharing. It was so much fun! We had some hot dogs together (or saussage sandwiches as they may call them here), drank some wine, sang 2 songs, heard some thoughts from our new friend Jock, chatted with new people. It was really a wonderful time. We were the tacky visitors that made everyone gather for a photo. Thank you, mates!

And one amazing miraculous meet-up. Here is Degumber (I'm not sure I'm spelling his name properly - we call him "D". D just happened to be at this gathering - his first time there as well, and he and his wife are from Nepal. He is someone our friend David Austin has known and gone to see in Nepal for about 15 years (I'm guessing there). Anyways, we have known of him for a long time, and have met his brothers, and we were THRILLED to meet him in Australia of all places!
Small world.....

No comments:

Post a Comment