Ella has two new friends that love her dearly. I am an extroverted stay-at-home mom that thrived having more people around, more activity in the house. I know that Liz and Ben helped bring life and energy back to me this past month. I feel more revived and healthy having had them live here. Becoming a new mom rocked my world (in good ways), changed my thinking, brought me to my end many times over, showed me new depths of emotion and love. And part of getting more life back was getting a chance to look up from all that I've experienced and think outside of my little world a bit more. So, thank you roomies. You ended up giving me a really nice gift.
Here they are, we love them....
Ella has a very special place in her heart for Ben....
It's ridiculous to me that I don't have a picture of Liz holding Ella!! Liz is a baby person and loved to take lots of opportunities to hold, smooch, and play with Ella.
Ben and Liz are traveling around the country together working on their Business, Sseko. It's a very neat story they have, of selling sandals that women in Uganda make. The women making the sandals earn money to get a university education. And the sandals....darling! Truly. Please visit their website if you want to learn more. Ben and Liz are doing an amazing job, and their hearts are in the right places. I could go on and on, but Ella's naps are only so long....
Here they are doing a little work at the Lacey household....


I just looked at the Sseko website and I love it! I want them to come to Gustavus in the spring! There are so many people here that would be interested in their story and I would love to do something really cool with that. How can I get in touch with them to see if it would be something they would be interested in? Can you put in a good word for me? :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love you and I miss you! And I wish I could come live in your house for a month!
Kate