Monday, April 5, 2010

working woman

We've been having fun with friends, as usual.....and here are some of them. :)
Mr. Macklin and Ella
Jaime and Ella....
Paul and Ella....sorry, I don't know how to rotate that picture....


I (Amy) went back to work this week temporarily at my old job, and today was day one. It was a very successful day! I felt like a superstar. I slept pretty well the night before since Ella slept 10 hours straight (bless her little heart!) And got myself dressed, ready, and out the door to work on time. Jaime and Lana helped out this morning, and Lana brought her downtown on my lunch so I could see her and nurse her. Lana really has gone above and beyond to make this a successful week for me, and for Ella.
It was really fun to be at work today and be dressed up, not have spit up on my shoulder, wear high heels, have my hair styled, focus on a task with my full attention, eat when I wanted to eat, drive in a car by myself....it's the little things. :) My old job at work is much easier than being a stay at home mom, that's for sure. BUT, I wouldn't trade it and I'm thankful I have the option of being a mom as a career. Being home with Ella is very meaningful work, even though it's got it's own challenges. I missed her today. And her smile when she saw me after a few hours was priceless! Plus, being at work means that I can't be available for mid afternoon impromptu happy hours with friends - this was Amber and I on an impulse one day.


So all in all, day one was a success. Jason and I partnered together really well to get everything done with both of us working full time this week. I can't imagine doing this without him. For the record - still madly in love with that man. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment