Neither Jason or I have ever broken a bone in our lives......ahhh, until now. :) Remember that pre-thanksgiving football game? Jason injured his finger while trying to hold onto Andy so someone could grab his flag. Andy had quite the welt on his arm afterwards, also. Well, after nearly two weeks of the injured finger, the discoloration, the pokey out part that worried me, the soreness, I did some online research and called his doctor. The doc wanted him to come in to check it out. That wonderful man of mine loves me so much that he even WENT - it was totally for me. I think if he had had his way he would have just put some duct tape around it and carried on. It reminds me so much of Grandpa Arb....these tough farmers.
They X-rayed his hand and it turns out that it is in fact broken/fractured. That bump you see on the left side of his finger is the broken part. :( Oddly, the doctor wasn't as concerned with that broken finger as he was with a bunch of other fingers of Jasons that seemed crooked - probably from jammed fingers playing basketball in years past. Anyways, turns out that they don't do anything for factured fingers except tell you not to jam it into anything for the next 5 weeks.

So at least we now know, right? And Jason can't ever use his "I've never broken a bone" line when we play 2 Truths and a Lie, and use it as a truth. We've reached the end of an era.
Ouch!! I would chastise Jason for being stubborn, but I know that I'm no better :)
ReplyDeleteKate