It's a great time of great food with friends. Jason and I did the turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and stuffing, and friends brought delish dishes of their own....green bean casserole, yam delight, rolls, pies, cranberries, wine, sparkling cider, hot apple cider, etc. Of course I forgot to take a picture at dinner with the big spread and all. But I promise - it was GOOD.
And then after we have all digested a bit, we go play football. :) This year, as I am in no condition to be sprinting or falling, I was the photographer. Here are some pictures. They turned out dark but you can get the idea.....
The group pre-game huddle:
Jason on the ground: He was one of the few people playing without cleats so he spent a lot of time in the mud. :)

The players:

Jason, muddied from the falls:

Thanks to Thad, we had flags for the football game this year instead of just playing two hand touch. We also played at a different park that actually had field goal posts, and that was great. I was most impressed with the field goal kicks. Paul hurt his Knee, Jason jammed his finger which is now swollen and black and blue, Andy has a huge bruise on his arm, and Thad had bloodied knuckles - I spared you the picture on that one. You'll notice how the women didn't get any injuries.....hmmm......
After our game, we went back to our house and watched the K-State football game with the fire crackling, some took naps, and of course we ate more dessert.



No comments:
Post a Comment