Monday, November 22, 2010

November

Well, it's been a busy month so far, and we've still got a trip to Kansas....leaving tomorrow.

Here's the quick re-cap of November thus far....

Ella had her first real cold. The kind of cold where snot pours, and humidifiers are used. Every day we walked around with snot covered clothes and carried our 23lb baby everywhere becuase she cried if she wasn't being held. She needed extra attention for sure, but still seemed pretty sweet. She is such a wonderful baby!!! Ella's snot face is pictured below.... she also learned to say "up" recently, so she would say that to us all the time.





Along with the cold came difficulties nursing (due to not being able to breathe through her nose), and teething! This resulted in biting....ouch! I spent a lot of time with the breast pump. :) And this is probably one of the first times I've ever personally given Ella a bottle.... she can hold it and take it in and out of her mouth all by herself, and that impressed me.




Here is Ella showing off her first upper tooth, which came in the day we had Pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving. Ok, you can't really see the tooth but it's there.....






Jason and his scruffy face. :) He loves his wife so much that he's kept this for me regardless of the fact the Ella no longer will kiss him on the face with it. It's pretty hillarious when she goes in for a kiss and quickly turnes away when the scruff hits the lips. She now gives him kisses on the forehead.



Look at all these kiddos!....


Oh, and here is Amber and Charlie and Ella....this picture makes me smile for several reasons.
But mainly, I love Amber and Charlie and they both love Ella, AND Amber had stopped by to deliver a peppermint mocah from Starbucks.



Cute kids playing. Before we know it we'll have to start disciplining while they play and steal each other's toys. :)






Also, this month my Grandma Fran passed away. I called her Granny Franny, or just Granny. She was such a cool lady, and I'm not joking when I say that I would like to be even a quarter as wonderful as she was. She aged gracefully, never was bitter or had a bad attitude, she loved people, loved the Lord, had a wonderful sense of humor, wasn't focused on material things, was grateful for what she had in life, and gave generously. The funeral was a beautiful celebration of her. I'm going to miss her dearly, along with the rest of the family, but am so thankful for her example to me of a life well lived....nothing extravagant, and yet her influences went deep and are now reaching far.


Here are Courtney, Evan, Kelly, and Sarah with their niece Ella!



Dad and Ella



Jay and Deedee were able to fly out from Ohio for the funeral, and cousin Ben and Ella got to have a bath together at the hotel....they were DARLING.




Pajama time!! Love these footie PJ's....




Holding hands with Benjamin at the breakfast buffet....





And lastly, here is Carolyn feeding Ella a bottle (yes, a bit more teething and biting yesterday).



And more to come soon from our Kansas Thanksgiving adventures....


1 comment:

  1. Cute Pics! What a fun November. I love the pics of Ella and her cousin, Ben. Great memories. :)

    ReplyDelete