Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy 5 month Birthday, Ella!

Today marks 5 months of life as a mother. Ella has changed SO MUCH so quickly. Today she was sitting up on her own for the first time, and a few days ago she started consistently rolling over from her back to her tummy, and from her tummy to her back. I'll leave her to play on her floor mat and come back a few minutes later to see she has traveled quite a bit! I'm both excited for her, and bummed....this means I need to pay more attention when I leave her to play on her own. I'm really trying to savor this time of her being so little. Someday I'm going to look back at this phase and just ache to be able to smooch her giant cheeks and rub her soft tummy and make her giggle when we play. I try to remind myself of that when I'm overtired and cranky and just want to get through it quickly. :)

Jason has taught Ella to open her mouth really widely as part of a game. It's pretty darling....and now when she finds something really fun she just opens her mouth up really widely.





2 comments:

  1. Indeed, dear friend, indeed!! :) Good attitude and way to look at it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy five months Ella! From your friends Erin and Hazel

    ReplyDelete