Monday, March 22, 2010

A roadtrip

Jason, Ella, and I headed out on our first family road trip a little over a week ago. The destination....Whidbey Island!! Our dear friends Heather and Christina were up there relaxing and celebrating Heather's 40th birthday, so we suprised them and joined the party! My worry was that Ella was going to be fussy on the drive up and back, but she did great. She slept most of the way, and only cried a bit. Just take a look at our car trunk.....PACKED for a quick trip. Life isn't quite as simple as it used to be. :)

And it was also Ella's first Ferry ride. I happen to LOVE a ferry ride, and was pleased to see that she did too.


Here is Christina with Ella.....






And Heather....

We made a quick stop in Seattle to see Melissa and Jaden!! Melissa is my dear friend who I met in 7th grade....we played Volleyball together and carpooled home. She and her hubby Joey live in Spain and this was my first time introducing Ella to her new playmate Jaden...they were quick friends, and then took naps together.



Nana and Papa came out for their second visit recently too. It was great to have them!! Ella was full of smiles.







And this one I just had to throw in becuase it makes me laugh so hard. :) Here's Jason, bouncing on the ball with Ella. He looks dazed, and man....we LIVED on that ball for sooo many weeks it seems. It's Ella's happy place. And just peek at the state of the house in the background. HA! This, my friends, is recent Lacey Life. :)










3 comments:

  1. That trunk is a crack up!!! Love the pic of you two beautiful ladies on the ferry, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 YOU LOOK AMAZING, FREAKING AMAZING!
    #2 Jason on the ball, made me actually laugh out loud!! :)

    Love, love, love you guys!! xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a fun little trip!!
    Oh my goodness - your little Ella sounds just like Tyson was. And I'm pretty sure I have a picture exactly like that with Tim half-asleep on our ball, which was the only thing that made Tyson stop screaming most evenings, bouncing him. :) I hope you're surviving! I love you and hope to see you again soon!!

    ReplyDelete